NCI's Online Seminars for Medical Interpreters (OSMI) is a series of webinars for both new and experienced medical interpreters. NCI’s online medical interpreter training is based on its Medical Interpreter Training Institute (MITI), offered each summer since 2003. To date, we have trained over 400 healthcare interpreters.
NCI’s OSMI focuses on areas essential to the medical interpreter, including:
- Interpreter ethics and protocol
- Cultural issues in medical interpreting
- Interpreting modes and techniques
- Concepts and terminology
- Skill development (focused on consecutive interpretation and sight translation)
- Major diseases and medical specializations with a focus on patient medical history, cardiovascular disease, diabetes, and depression
Interested interpreters are welcome to join us for one, several, or all of the webinars.
Registration is now closed for all workshops.
Please go through the following links to get acquainted with our webinar platform, Adobe Connect:
Instructions for using the webinar platform
Video demonstration of webinar audio features